Monday 11 May 2015

Thoughts, Feelings and Ginger ponies.

This week for me has been, let's say, pretty awful.
I've just had the worst week I've had in a while and just when I thought I was doing okay, I seem to be right back to where I started, where I was around two months ago.

All I can say is, I am very lucky to have my pony.
He is my absolute world and without him, I would probably have given up a long time ago.
And this is super gay but he is my bestest friend and the love of my life. I honestly do think he is my soulmate without sounding like a forever alone horse lady.
I mean do not get me wrong, I do have a special person in my life but I also have John who is just my absolute best friend and he is the equine version of me in all he does, it's quite scary actually. He is literally the best thing that I have minus my friends/family right now. We've just had him over a year and it's crazy to think that just over a year ago I had never even met this pony or even heard of him and now look at us, a pair of crazy gingers!

I think my last ride on him sums it up really.
Emma and Beth came to see him and have a play because it has been so long since John got to show off to my friends! He was a star and it was so nice to hear the people who have been there from day one of me owning this pony saying how much he has come on and how wonderful he is becoming. It really warmed my heart I won't lie. Even just saying how much his weight has come on made my day.
When he was stood on the yard, we had next to no fidgeting, he was a gentleman to groom and tack up and was fantastic to put his bridle on which we used to have a lot of problems with! He let me get on from the mounting block, from the right side!!!, and proceeded to give me one of the most fantastic schooling sessions we had in a while. He was using himself, not looking at anything else going on, listening to me and even did some fancy welsh trot when changing the rein, just because he can and there were people watching, and then his canter was prefect, using so much power from his back end, really pushing off and even trying his hardest to give me a few strides of contact in canter. Safe to say I was thoroughly chuffed with my little ginger pony. He even schooled well for Emma and did everything she asked of him even when he knew it was hard work. It's just crazy to see how much he has come on, filled out and grown up. I'm so very proud of both of us, because he has not been easy to crack but he has shown that is really is worth it and all he seems to do recently is progress.
So all I can really say, is here's to the next years pony because I know that he is going to be one stunning, amazing, little horse and I am so very excited and nervous to say that it is me who is going to get him there and has got him to the stage he is now.

Here's some John photos from over the last few weeks!:)

After we had a very brave session of desensitizing! 

Mr. Fancy Pants he is becoming!

Contact in canter nearly?!

More KitKat please Mummy??

No comments:

Post a Comment